By Dirtisgood - 24/08/2018 00:00

Today, my in-laws told me, in all seriousness, that my kid was going to end up paralyzed because I let him play on grass. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 065
You deserved it 161

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So that's why those "Keep off the grass" signs exist! I thought they were just put there by assholes who think grass needs to be kept neat and tidy so they look important.

I think having in-laws with beliefs like that is an FML.

Comments

So that's why those "Keep off the grass" signs exist! I thought they were just put there by assholes who think grass needs to be kept neat and tidy so they look important.

adcf04619 8

believe me it's true one time I went on grass and my legs just stopped working entirely...

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I think having in-laws with beliefs like that is an FML.

Winterfan 6

They meaned lyme disease? I know this is not a serious site but i want to say: yes, please be careful! Check your child for tickbites everyday!! And beter: prevent... Use the special anti-tickbites spray.

Kids should not be on grass... Whilst it might be legal in your state for over 18 year olds or medicinally, it can increase chances of developing schizophrenia and brain damage if taken regularly by those with still developing bodies. ;)

I was gonna do a weed joke, but then I got high.

It’s the other kind of grass. The less expensive, that those grandparents were afraid of.

ask them when was the last time they had a catscan

Wow do they believe that the earth is flat too🙄

I thought everyone knew vaccines cause autism and grass causes paralysis! Good thing they were there for your kid!

There is a , for them , logical reason for this. When polio came around in the 50:ties , they thought it was caused by playing on moist grass and leaves , so the recommendation was to avoid wet grass and for children under 5 to play on a play mat outside. And for you who dont know what was, it is child paralysis. So it isnt as weird as it look, it just outdated advice.

tounces7 27

I feel like this is possible if you lived in Australia or such. Everything there can kill or paralyze you.