By extants - 11/02/2010 20:13 - United States

Today, I found out my broker invested my $6000 in the wrong stock. How did I find out? He called me to let me know the stock crashed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 367
You deserved it 3 646

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if he's a licenced broker you can easily recoup your $. sue.

ProfessorNinja 0

You shouldn't need to sue. As your broker, he has a fiduciary responsibility to act in your best interest, which includes investing only in what you tell him to. As such, he's more than likely to carry Errors and Omissions insurance of some sort. Assuming you can demonstrate the error was his, you should neither need to sue nor threaten to sue. Ask him to submit an E&O claim. At six grand, it should barely dent his premiums. He won't even bat an eye.

Comments

More money than brains, get a better broker. If you stay with him and are determined to lose more money, invest some in my race team. I'll make sure you get exposure and a t-shirt, more than you got with the other guy ;)

and whos to say he invested it at all? corruption is rampant. but either way ydi

sarah03_fml 0

I am calling shenanigans on this one. This is 2010, whose broker is calling them over a measley $6k? Also, brokers are highly regulated...

I agree 6k is too little to sue over, they will laugh at you...some ppl just have no idea what they would be up against if they decided to sue a broker...so your research

perdix 29

You told him to put it in pork bellies, and he found a high-class, grotesque call girl who charged your broker $6,000 so he could pork her in her belly fat rolls. You may want to donate your dividends to the sperm bank. Sorry.

Once it has mixed with frumunda cheese you can't sell it.