By extants - 11/02/2010 20:13 - United States

Today, I found out my broker invested my $6000 in the wrong stock. How did I find out? He called me to let me know the stock crashed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 367
You deserved it 3 646

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if he's a licenced broker you can easily recoup your $. sue.

ProfessorNinja 0

You shouldn't need to sue. As your broker, he has a fiduciary responsibility to act in your best interest, which includes investing only in what you tell him to. As such, he's more than likely to carry Errors and Omissions insurance of some sort. Assuming you can demonstrate the error was his, you should neither need to sue nor threaten to sue. Ask him to submit an E&O claim. At six grand, it should barely dent his premiums. He won't even bat an eye.

Comments

mc1900 4

why are you still using a broker, especially such a crap one. DIY. - YDI

skyshark 0

@21. you're obviously very stupid when it comes to the stock market. now is a great time to invest. I've tripled my money in the past 6 months. the bug losers were the baby boomers who invested 10-15 years ago and had their nest egg crash. here's a tip, if you day trade, FSLR is a good fluctuating stock gaurenteed to allow u to but low, sell high, rinse and repeat.

ggriffin 0

Sure, if you have a hundred thousand laying around to trade with. A $118 stock? Daytrading??

skyshark 0

Not everyone is as poor as you. if you're a broke ass then you should have bought AIG when it was at .38 a share, then you'd have plenty of money. Dont blame me for not knowing how to invest. Now go sulk in your cardboard box while I relax in one of the finest flats in Würzburg. Tschuss!

Fire his ass. You could do that well yourself.

skyshark 0
iluvninjas 0

you should so sue him! hes not a good broker if he put aalllll that money there!!