By ovawerkrd - 16/01/2011 17:30 - United Kingdom

Today, I finished working a week's overtime managing admin, stock, finances, and three members of staff. I realised that despite all my extra work, I actually earn less per hour than the students who only work on the weekends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 969
You deserved it 2 751

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should speak to someone about your payment reflecting how much you work. If that doesn't work, start actively looking for a job that'll properly compensate you.

Have YOU realised that she's using the British way of spelling? Since she's, you know, in LONDON! If you were smarter I think you'd have kept your mouth shut.

Comments

you must work for the same people I do. :/

talb1 7

Man what I would do for a job, and you're just sitting there whining about yours. We should trade.

WhiteFrek 0

Must be because you don't spell right! Have you ***Realized*** FYL

Have YOU realised that she's using the British way of spelling? Since she's, you know, in LONDON! If you were smarter I think you'd have kept your mouth shut.

percawesome 0

Bazinga!!!!! Or basinga if you prefer.

g6elizabeth 0

youre life sucks and you cant spell realized, keep your job, or you probably wont get another. FYL

percawesome 0

Zee comment and repliez above, geniuz

erm, that's actually not that odd. And what do you mean "despite" all the extra hours? If you are on a standard wage, then the extra hours will actually cause you to earn less per hour (because your pay is being 'split' over more hours), unless you get paid overtime. Anyway like i said, not uncommon for casuals to earn more per hour than permanent part-time/full-time or contract workers. They don't get sick leave, annual leave, etc etc so to 'make up' for it they get paid more per hour. You might end up with less per hour but you probably also get paid sick leave, paid annual leave etc. It's actually pretty normal, unless you are doing an much higher-skilled job than the students are.

TurboTalon 0

Exactly. They aren't getting sick days or vacation or any kind of benefits package. OP could be getting health insurance and a retirement package for all we know.

muchagente 5

Probably because you can't even spell realize

yourbiggestflaw1 0

@27. If you are going to complain about the way the English spell things then you are very welcome to stop butchering our language.

Dino1234 0
Daniibabyy 8

new job?(: but hey!atleast youre getting something!look at the positives