By Anonymous - 30/12/2010 07:14 - Australia

Today, I finally went running to help me start losing weight. I got 50 metres before someone in a passing car shouted out "Run fatty, run". I can't work up the courage to go for a run again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 072
You deserved it 7 398

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FFML_314 11

Run in place, in your house. Don't go outside.

Don't let them get to you. Keep running and soon enough people will be shouting "Pump those skinny legs" and wolf whistling. Work it girl!

Comments

Daddymo 14

Perhaps they were shouting encouragement. I had kids shout "Run, fat boy, run" at me once and I have 8% bodyfat. People will always try to be mean. Eat less, exercise more, feel better.

So you're just going to let one asshole dictate what you do? Why the hell do you care? Just go and run, when you drop the weight those people are just going to feel like jerks because you succeeded.

go to a gym, I'm sure there are other fat people there.

Friend, I hope you're still reading this, and ignore those who treat cruelty as fun. Check out "Primal Fitness" or Mark's Daily Apple. It'll help you lose weight, and get on a healthy path. Good luck.

I see a lot of anger from people on FML when people say that they're fat. Most of the time you guys act like they're child molesters. I've lost a lot of weight in the past year, and I'm proud of myself for doing that, but you guys make it sound so easy to break a lifetime of eating habits. Most people don't go from being fit and healthy until they leave home and start eating crap. Usually it's something you've grown up with. So should we feel sympathy for people because they're fat? No. You can lose weight. But it's hard. Nobody says 'So you're a drug addict, stop complaining and quit'. And there is a huge difference between wanting sympathy for being fat, and not wanting to be insulted by strangers. OP, it should encourage you. I know it feels like a beat down. Last year my grandfather died. I was really upset and I just needed to get away from all my crying family members so I went for a walk. Some teenagers started yelling out 'hey fatty!'. It was worse because there were people around looking at me and pretending not to notice. It was awful but I made the decision that I would do everything I could to avoid being put in that position again.

That is actually incredibly motivating. I'm a large girl myself, and I've been trying to lose weight. It IS hard. I put the weight on in fairly early childhood (I became less active after breaking a leg in a car accident and my mother was always overindulgent), and it's unbelievably hard to lose the weight. I can't even count the times I've been mooed at, oinked at, shouted the Weight Watchers jingle at... I was in a youth fitness program at my school for a while, but I ended up quitting because of the running commentary from my peers. But what you said is actually really inspiring for me. So thank you.

Sparkiee93 3

Ouch. That ******* sucks. Honestly easier said then done, but don't let cruel words and opinions of others rule over your life, do what you know you have to do, take the support you can get and **** the rest.

BigMark18 0

I'm a big guy my self.. You can't leet that stop you.. I'm so out goin.. For super hero day at school.. I wear spandex and a cape and I was superman... It's all in ur mind....

Ninjafriends 1

Who gives a f*ck, just keep running. That sort of attitude probably kept you fat and unhealthy in the first place. You took the initiative and decided to change that... now stick to it and make it happen.

who cares. take care of your body because no one else will.