By itwasalongnight - 02/02/2014 11:32

Today, I finally received the last check from my insurance company after my house flooded 10 months ago. Tonight my house flooded again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 304
You deserved it 4 299

itwasalongnight tells us more.

OP here. First of all: Yay! It got published! Second to those who say I deserve it or should move: I own my condo, so not able to move at this point. I do not live in a flood zone or swamp. Both floods have been sewage backups from blockages at least 150 feet from my condo. The one 10 months ago happened while I was at work--that was a disaster. This time my neighbors flooded (badly) on both sides. Water from one neighbor came under our shared wall. Not too bad this time and I was able to get the clean out cap off outside right away so it flowed into my backyard instead of my house. Truly an awful experience to be sure. I thank my lucky stars that I opted to cancel my plans and stay home and watch a movie... Otherwise it would have been at least as bad as last time. I'll admit... I'm afraid to put that clean clean out cap back on!

Top comments

Comments

Aw man, I hope it's at least another 10 months! ^^

I'm so sorry OP. I feel you. my house was under the flood back in 2011-2012 (thailand) so I know how you feel. :(

Did you drop your flood insurance? Doesn't matter where you are it's good to have...sure hope you can live with a friend for a bit until things clear out...

skipper2009 18

i think it might be time to start thinking about relocating.

buttcramp 21

get on the phone with the insurance company and ask to speak to the supervisor. if the supervisor can't help you out, it might be time to switch insurance companies.

The insurance company isn't going to stop the flooding.

buttcramp 21

yeah but if OP's insurance covers flooding and water damage OP deserves the company to provide the help that's been paid for! As long as OP is current on the insurance monthly payments, it shouldn't matter how often it happens, OP should be taken care of. The rate may go up if it happens all the time, but OP should be able to get a check for new carpet, etc.

bro I think you need to find a better place maybe

Better than flooding with sewage, that's a fun one!

Been there, done that. Good thing it was only in my basement. I don't like having random valuables down there anyway.