By Anonymous - 24/09/2010 04:53 - Canada

Today, I finally got everything in order to ask out the girl of my dreams. I bought her a gold necklace, engraved with our names, and with the date on the back. Everything was going great until she got sick and had to go home. Now I'm stuck with this necklace with the wrong date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 665
You deserved it 53 366

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You bought a necklace and engraved it... FOR A DATE? How needy are you? Geez.. desperation obviously has a price... the price of a necklace.

Pool that necklace. For like... a year. Then if you are still together, maybe it won't scare her away. Judging from what you wrote its the first date... you would freak her out with a gift like that on first date. Freak her straight out of your life forever.

Comments

you sound super freaky. she'll dump you even if you get together.

Wait. You bought her a necklace just to ask her out? Oh. That's not all? It's engraved, too?! YDI! Who does this! If I were here, I'd be scared. And run. Fast. I thought this was an engagement FML at first. :/ Too much, guy, too much.

A gold engraved necklace on the first date?????? That's a bit creepy OP no a lot creepy. But if you want to give her a gift give her something less jewelry-y.

Mitz_fml 4

Am I the only one not believing that she was really sick? I'm thinking her this-dude-is-super-creepy alarm went off and stopped her from going out with Mr. Psycho.

afallingstar 22

me too...because my super creepy guy alarm went off on this one as well

I know right! He probably has pictures he's taken of her without her knowledge plastered all over his room with a lock of her hair on a home made alter!

I'm wondering this: if he's so obsessed with this girl, why is he worried about a little bug, possibly not even a contagious one? I'm guessing he can't get a ride to her place, which is even more evidence that he's quite young and naïve, rather than a creepy stalker.

afallingstar 22

you engraved it and hadn't even asked her out? what if she said NO? then what? save that shit for an anniversary or engagement not a first date YDI

...why would you spend so much money on jewelry for a girl you haven't even went out with yet? that's just creepy...