By Anonymous - 24/09/2010 04:53 - Canada

Today, I finally got everything in order to ask out the girl of my dreams. I bought her a gold necklace, engraved with our names, and with the date on the back. Everything was going great until she got sick and had to go home. Now I'm stuck with this necklace with the wrong date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 665
You deserved it 53 366

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You bought a necklace and engraved it... FOR A DATE? How needy are you? Geez.. desperation obviously has a price... the price of a necklace.

Pool that necklace. For like... a year. Then if you are still together, maybe it won't scare her away. Judging from what you wrote its the first date... you would freak her out with a gift like that on first date. Freak her straight out of your life forever.

Comments

aeroliontvw 4

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

"Today, I finally got everything in order to ask out the girl of my dreams." Doesn't that sound like a first date to you?

aeroliontvw 4

yea first DATE. but does that mean he couldn't already know her? I knew my husband a few years before we became a couple, actually we were best friends and had exchanged holiday gifts multiple times. a gift like that could be a way of saying, hey I want to be more than just friends.

Yes, but no on ever knows how long they're going to be with another person. Why get her something so extravagant if it's not even the first date yet? Edit: I interpret this to mean that it wasn't the first date. He had yet to ask her out, which means they'd set the date/time/place AFTER she said yes, if she did. Afterthought: This almost sounds like bribery. Here, have a necklace. Willyougooutwithmeplz?

22 - it says he just got up the courage to ask her out, that kind of implies it's a first date, and even if it's not the first, it's clearly too soon for engraved jewelry.

he said ask out the girl of my dreams, pretty much implies they've never dated. learn engrish.

That's still too much, IMO. My husband and I were good friends for 4 years before our first official date. I was a bit statled that he brought me a small gift, and it was the day after Christmas, so he had a plausible reason. Sidenote/random Doe trivia: The gift was a Christmas ornament and a coffee mug. Now we visit the same restaurant each year on that date and exchange the same gifts. It's my favorite Doe tradition. :]

#22 Finally, someone that shares the same thoughts on the situation! I did something similar with my current girlfriend of 2 years, after knowing her for 8 years.

aeroliontvw 4

lol glad someone else can see more than one possibility 191. I'm glad you found the courage to ask your friend for more. I personally think it takes more courage to ask out someone you are already close to than a stranger. there is so much more to lose! I hope you have many years together.

It does make sense to get a gift if they were already friends, but an engraved gold necklace is a bit much. She could've rejected you. Plus, we have no way of knowing if they were actually friends before he decided to ask her out.

That's the first date you're talking about here? You're quite the sick creeper, aren't you?

Today, you realized your desperate creeper ways means you buy engraved gold necklaces for your first dates. FYL

I have to say, that's pretty creepy. You're buying Ger jewelry on your *first* date? That seems to be setting a really bad precedent. What if she then expects you to get her jewelry every date? Plus, what if you guys don't work out? That would suck.

I'm guessing tattooing her name above your penis would have been too creepy, right? Seriously though, who does this? I hope you learned your lesson.

Dude...that's the definition of a ******' creeper. Ask her out BEFORE you buy shit

sourgirl101 28

Maybe the OP needs to bribe girls with expensive gifts in order to trap them into feeling obligated to dating him.

marcusphulme 0

call cash for gold, problem solved.

Schizomaniac 24

My thoughts exactly. Stupid OP.

17 - stereotyping like that is not very nice. I mean, u wouldn't like it if someone pointed out that ur pic and comments make u seem like an arrogant, selfobsessed asshole, would u? we don't know if ur selfobsessed...