By Anonymous - 24/09/2010 04:53 - Canada

Today, I finally got everything in order to ask out the girl of my dreams. I bought her a gold necklace, engraved with our names, and with the date on the back. Everything was going great until she got sick and had to go home. Now I'm stuck with this necklace with the wrong date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 665
You deserved it 53 366

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You bought a necklace and engraved it... FOR A DATE? How needy are you? Geez.. desperation obviously has a price... the price of a necklace.

Pool that necklace. For like... a year. Then if you are still together, maybe it won't scare her away. Judging from what you wrote its the first date... you would freak her out with a gift like that on first date. Freak her straight out of your life forever.

Comments

That would creep me out if a guy gave me that on a first date. Great idea for in the future if it turns into anything, though. (I know it has the wrong date, I mean the idea.)

I think it's pretty obvious she wasn't really sick. This guy is obviously a creep and he freaked her out so much she left early. And this was before he gave her the inappropriate necklace. Wow.

I'm betting he was creepy before he got to the necklace and she faked sick.

yeah, he might be an asshole, but he's right about this FML coming from a freak.

Even if it is a first date it doesn't mea they havent know each other for a while. I think it's very sweet, OP. Tell her the story and if she really likes you, she'll laugh along with you and love the necklace.

You are weird man... real weird. just give me her number so i can call and tell her your a creeper.

Wow, you spent all that money to get her jewelry (gold, no less), and went several steps further and sprung for that engraving as well? And your romantic gesture went to waste because she got sick? She's faking the illness to humiliate you. You must kill her, put the necklace on her, and bury her in your back yard. Maybe the next girl you waste a ton of money on jewelry for without even dating for several months first will be more grateful!

you got her a necklace with your names engraved on it and your just asking her out? slooooooow down man

Now, class, what we have here is the textbook exampleof what we like to call "desperate" there is something else we call this and that is "creepy". Since he went through the trouble of designing such and elaborate necklace, I would be inclined to assume he is another one of those "forty year old virgin types". Orjust young and REALLY dumb.Either way, any "normal-ish" girl should run for the hills. I am having a hard time believing this happened, though I don't completely doubt it.