By HazzaBoo - 07/08/2012 23:45 - United States

Today, I decided to help the homeless by giving them old clothes and food. In return, they decided to mug me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 638
You deserved it 2 970

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Give to non-profits. Approach the homeless with caution. Some of them are crazy, but then again, some people with homes are crazy too. Hm, dilemma.

Alastrina_fml 20

Sorry to hear. Next time, defend yourself and take back the clothes and food.

mhopper 13

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Kallian_fml 21

Last time I tried giving some old shirts to a homeless guy I got dragged into an hour long conversation about mangos. He then wanted to show me his collection...

First of all, your picture is genius. Blind obedience helps no one. Second, mangoes are frikkin awesome. I gotta track this homeless man down.

Kallian_fml 21

Thank you! I've always firmly believed in teaching my kids (my preschool class, don't have my own) morality instead of obedience. Maybe then we could have a better future for the human race... Haha. I still avoid the street where that hobo lives. I've named him 'Mango', as he never told me his name...

flipcrazy 0

It's a cutthroat world man sorry ):

HooHooHa 6

Reading FMLs like these really discourage me from helping strangers in real life :/

Yeah, I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to directly giving them. To appease my conscience, I just give it to Red Cross

Your right FML is the #1 reason not to even like other people

KiddNYC1O 20

Yeah I read in a men's magazine that if you feel bad for not giving money for helping a "dying person" to donate blood.

People do desperate things in desperate times. : /

No good deed goes unpunished. Usually, it takes a couple of days-weeks for this to happen. But BAM! Instant returns for your good deed.

Dont bring anything expensive with you, just the clothes and stuff you want to give to them so you can't realy get mugged, unless they prefer the clothes your wearing ;p

OP: "Here are all these clothes I'm not using. Maybe you can make good use of them." [seconds later] Bum: "GIMME THE REST OF YOUR SHIT, BITCH!" In an ideal world, you don't have to think of the possibility of being bludgeoned to death with a lead pipe for feeding starving children ... or whatever. People typically don't appreciate the things they are given, because they suck.

Don't agree. Most people especially the homeless are just desperate people trying to survive on the streets. They have hit the bottom. The ones I have met really really appreciate all and any help they can get.

Well, I certainly can't stick all homeless people into one category. I've donated to the homeless and charities (albeit sparingly, for certain reasons). I know that all of them won't kick you in the dick and take your shit. However, the trend is that people don't truly realize what they *are* given. It comes in varying extremes (like in OP's case), and at the same time, it could have been what landed that homeless person where he/she is. Every situation is different, but I do know that the human heart, though strong, is often fickle.