By Anonymous - 04/01/2015 16:58 - Denmark - Aarhus

Today, I saw a homeless guy in the street. It really upset me how everyone's spirit of giving vanished as soon as Christmas was over, so I said fuck it and gave him about $50 worth of money. I barely made it 10 feet away, when another guy mugged him for the money I just gave. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 675
You deserved it 3 673

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well at least you did a nice thing at the end of the day

Comments

Well at least you did a nice thing at the end of the day

Still sucks that the mugger was the one that ended up with the OP's $50 bucks. I'd be upset that the money went to the wrongful person.

The money shouldn't go to the mugger! We should band together and end crime!!! And we could wear batman costumes while we do it!

So he was only 10 feet away and he didnt do anything?

baxwar 15

My thoughts exactly I would've chased the ****** down

Usually a mugger mugs someone using a weapon i.e. a knife. So I don't think it'd be the best to try and mess with someone that could harm your life.

I mean the homeless man definitely stuffered the most in this situation. Not only was someone kind to him, but it was then ripped away by someone elses greed, noone deserves that.

It would have been nice for the money to go to a deserving person though. I mean yes the thought was nice and I'm sure the homeless man appreciated it but its upsetting that someone who does not deserve it gets to go spend it when the homeless person could have gone and bought food or something.

I think the homeless person having some money matters more in this situation.

The thought isn't going to pay for the mugged mans meal.

This sentiment always bugged me. It's like you care more about pacifying your own conscience than helping someone.

Kudos to you anyways! I hope you always stay an amazing human being!

pigsfly24 6

Don't be too hard on yourself. You did something kind, you can't prevent what someone else may do.

At least you did something to try to help.

Well done for giving him money though, most people walk by and just ignore them. Maybe if you have the time have a chat with him.

At least you tried! You did what most did not

Sadly, that's the way the world works sometimes. It ain't right & shouldn't be the case. At least though, you did something good, it's nice know, there is some good people out there still.

That's when you run over the mugger and regift the money :)