By ktpnothappening - 03/04/2016 16:03 - United States - North Augusta

Today, I decided to be honest and told my husband I didn't love him anymore. It ended with a warrant for his arrest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 191
You deserved it 3 575

ktpnothappening tells us more.

Hey guys! OP here. To clear things up, the warrant is for CDV and when hes arrested a no contact order will be in place. It wasn't a fun night. Our marriage wasn't doing well already because of his control issues, we were trying to work it out. After another argument, I told him we can't work this out, and my feelings had changed towards him. We went to bed with intentions of making a plan to start our separation the next day. He woke me up in the middle of the night to continue fighting, I told him we could talk about it in the morning. I guess he didn't like that, so he took it out on my face and threw me around like a rag doll. He tried to stop me from calling the cops, but I was able too. He decided to leave while I was on the phone with the police, taking all my cash and cards with him. I'm not perfect but I was a good wife and a pretty decent person, I didn't deserve it, no one does. Most of our arguments ended because he would start yelling and scare me into silence, I didn't want to live like that anymore. Anyway, hoped that cleared up some of the questions. A divorce is started, I'm relocating and leaving everything. I just want a happy, normal life.

Top comments

Gee I wonder why you don't love him any more.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that maybe he wasn't too happy with that

Comments

I'm glad you found the strength to leave such a bastard. Good luck!

I don't see how people would say that OP deserved it. It doesn't matter how she told him, no man should ever raise his hands to his woman. The only time a guy should ever raise his hands near his SO, is when he has to protect her from imminent danger, even then, it's best to first resort the matter without conflict and if all else fails, protect her with all you are. He chose her for better or for worse, if he is the reason for it to be worse, he should respect her decision to leave. I hope it all works out for you OP. I wish you all the best

Gender neutrality, too - violence has no place in a relationship, regardless of the perpetrator.

I can't believe anyone is voting YDI. I admire you for being so strong, and I wish you nothing but peace and blessings on this new chapter in your life. Stay strong <3

c00kie14 11

Sorry OP! Hopefully your life will start turning around for the better! Good luck with the divorce and everything else!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

So you should stay in an unhappy, unloving, sometimes abusive like in this case, relationship because of words you spoke?

amileah13 26

Seriously? How about when your significant other starts beating on you? Would you stay with an abusive and controlling person? Op got out just in time. Thank god she was able to get out in one piece. Abuse coming from any person, man or woman, is not okay.

Do vows mean nothing to OP's husband? What happened to "I promise to respect, trust, help, and cherish you?" I think in some vows the word "protect" is even used. He clearly violated every single one of these by being controlling, and both emotionally and physically abusive. If you put so much validity into vows, you would be angry at the husband, he's the one that violated the vows. He's the one that threw away the marrige for being so cruel to his spouse. But the OP is the one at fault for leaving and not wanting to be abused anymore? You're an idiot and an asshole.

People tend to think of marriage as a contract and not a commitment and they can terminate it whenever they choose as long as the feel "uncomfortable" or "dissatisfied". This obviously excludes physically and verbally abusive relationships where under extreme circumstances could be given leeway.

These are the kind of posts that owe us an explanation

Say what you want, but love should be a commitment as well as a feeling. Wether or both you like someone or not at the time or even if you can't stand them, it's always a better option to try and work through the problems rather than give up on your marriage.

This is total bullshit. Marriage is not this sacred, holy thing, it's a piece of paper, that's literally it. The only difference between a general relationship and a marriage, is a marriage has documentation. Lots of people complain marriages end so easily now, and act like it's a bad thing, but it isn't. It is because people realize they don't need to stay and be unhappy in a hopeless situation now. In this situation this response is definitely just disgusting though, the OP was ABUSED. She should not work this out because there is nothing to work out, he hit her, and that can't be taken back. The commitment ended there. If it was just a friend that beat up the OP, would you be saying the same thing, to stay and work on the friendship? Probably not, because that friend would be a terrible person and doesn't deserve to have a second chance or relationship with OP, and that is the same for the OP's husband, he doesn't deserve to be with her. Seriously, if the issues are extreme and serious, why is it better to stay and work on a marriage rather then leave, is there a legitimate reason?