By StupidNurse - 26/01/2012 21:57 - Germany

Today, I cut my finger with a knife while cooking. I work in a hospital and have to use hand disinfectant at least every twenty minutes. It hurts badly. I have to work for eight hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 749
You deserved it 4 235

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Liquid bandage! Problem solved. Feel better :)

ceilingfans 1

Worst way to find out you have a paper cut; use purell.

Comments

The cluelessness in this entire comment section is absolutely mind boggling. She works in a hospital - she knows what a ******* Band-aid is, morons. And I guarantee you she's already wearing gloves. The problem is that she has to wash her hands after every patient contact, even after wearing gloves. The simple solution is cyanoacrylate skin adhesive. Do NOT use Super Glue or Krazy Glue or any other product you buy at the store. The hospital will have some Dermabond or Surgiseal or Histoacryl or LiquiBand that you can use. Can we all just move on now?

Doc, I just got certified. Can I be your Medical Assistant? :D

Tdevonner 0

Better yet are you a surgeon? Ill be ur private scrub! Ps: i think she could wash with CHG and it would sting less. Thats approved and not alcohol based...and it smells nice.

I'm a phlebotomist. I know your pain :( FYL.

yscpunkchick 14

How about you stop your bitching and use soap and water, put a tegaderm over it, and wear a glove. FYL though if you have any patients with MRSA or VRE. I wouldn't worry about C-Diff though. Soap and water works better for that.

KiddNYC1O 20

Congratulations. No, kidding, hope it heals pretty soon. Can't you wear a bandage?

get a bandaid aind a glove, smart guy! YDI

watts1987 2

i used to work as a hopsital cook, if you havent covered that cut you need to be fired. 99% of kitchens have a "no open wound" policy, and it being a hospital i know it does. go see a nurse and get it taken care of, otherwise your putting people at risk

Fired? Of course, because warnings are so old school...

I'm sorry.. But this FML just sounds a bit whiny to me.. So what if it burns to wash a cut? Over time, the pain will go away.

sexynesss 0
GoW_Chick 14

You're right, it is funny you're stupid, I know I got a chuckle out of it.

That means 24 disinfecting sessions! Enjoy :D