By StupidNurse - 26/01/2012 21:57 - Germany

Today, I cut my finger with a knife while cooking. I work in a hospital and have to use hand disinfectant at least every twenty minutes. It hurts badly. I have to work for eight hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 749
You deserved it 4 235

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Liquid bandage! Problem solved. Feel better :)

ceilingfans 1

Worst way to find out you have a paper cut; use purell.

Comments

GoW_Chick 14

Hey at least you didn't cut your finger off, and are in the hospital to get it reattached instead of having to endure a little stinging sensation while working there.

Little stinging sensation? OP begs to differ.

GoW_Chick 14

Better then missing the finger entirely, I was trying to look on the bright side of things.

JadeWalker 14

im pretty sure the people in the hospital r the one who hurt and op is just acting like a baby :/ sure knife cuts hurt but think of the othet people in the building.

Pretty sure you missed the sarcasm.

poohbear1816 4

trust me the same thing just happened to me n i work at a clinic n i also use sanitizer hurts like a b****

I am sure having to constantly clean your hands with disinfectant requires taking off your gloves and it would probably take off a band-aid as well.

perdix 29

That means you have at least 24 applications of hand disinfectant ahead of you. If you're not good at math, I'm here to help. Do you want me to teach you some swear words in Latin to scream when you squirt your open wound?

She just needs too spit on her hands to disinfect them. Then if someone comes in with a cut finger lit a fag and burn their cut with to cauterize it. ;) *I'm a real doctor

I'm sure docbastard has a quick solution to this problem

Yes I do - cyanoacrylate skin adhesive. There are various formulations that have been available in Europe for years.

Superglue, healing wounds since 1942

If you don't have that, put a bandaid on and cover with tegaderm. Simple, waterproof, will last your shift. OP isn't a nurse (or else a new one) or else they'd know this, but ask one on the floor and they'll get you one. :)

Tdevonner 0

Hmm cyan? Is that why dermabong n other liquid stitches/bandades are blue/purple?

TexasMud 8

Finish the job, chop your hand off. Problem solved.

MeLuvBewbs 7

"la la la, I'm going to wash the forks and knives. MOTHER ---!"

OP said "while cooling" not while doing dishes

MeLuvBewbs 7

Well when she washes the dishes the soap and water. Duh. Some people only read and not think. Ofc I know she was cooking. But she can also be cleaning

104 - you sound like such an idiot right now..

She got the cut while cooking. Then, if she naively goes to wash the knives and forks later, the cut will sting again like a "MOTHER ---!" It's a hypothetical situation that we didn't follow.