By teriyaki124 - 21/03/2009 09:13 - United States

Today, I came out to my mom. I had an epic speech planned, and when I tried to tell her, it all fell apart and I started crying and just said, "I'm gay." After a few seconds silence, my mom sighs and says, "Duh." FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 527
You deserved it 17 878

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well I guess sometimes when you feel a certain way, you fear that others won't accept you. However, sometimes it's just obvious that someone you know is gay, so perhaps she just meant "duh" as a way to say she knew all along. Don't stress it. You said it, and it sounds like you were torn apart between your mother accepting you or not. Whether or not she accepts you, you said what you needed to say, and you no longer need to think about it.

Did she say duh in a bad way or did she accept you? Sounds to me like she knew and doesn't care. Def. not a FML situation, more like a Awesome Accepting Mom situation, if she does that is.

Comments

demonpossessed 0

why are you surprised? a gay man acts like a gay man, it's usually obvious. of course your own mother would have figured it out.

That seems like a lame reason to have your life ******. so many people get disowned from their parents when they come out. so what if she already knew? at least she didn't throw holy water on you and try to "change" you or shit like that. be thankful and move on.

hahahahahah that is hilarious the mental image is very satisfying... u all dressed up in bright yellow slacks, a wife-beater two sizes too small and a winter pashmina scarf... u walk in all confident with a swagger in ure step then u explode into a histerical, shrieking, tearless cry with your hands wildly flapping about... all this happening while u constantly pet ure cat, hugo, who is neatly tucked in ure european man purse.

ha same thing happened to one of my best friends. ha its better than her being horrified.

isn't this kind of insulting to yourself??? normally a joke between straight guys is to call each other gay and if you come out to someone and they say DUH as in they were expecting it that makes it sound like you are saying FML because my mom thought i was gay which is apparently true...

you're one of the lucky ones. why are you complaining?

she accepts you be happy :) not really a FML sistuation.....

@ #11. Watch the stereotyping. I am a very effeminate bisexual male, but if need be, I can act very much like a straight male. Just saying. Also, sounds like your mom is cool with it. I wish I could come out to my parents and they would be like "Duh." =[

Ahahahaha!!! Sorry, but that's a great reaction. It's always nice when someone accepts it. When my big sis came out, my parents denied it and still kinda pretend she's "going through a phase".