By teriyaki124 - 21/03/2009 09:13 - United States

Today, I came out to my mom. I had an epic speech planned, and when I tried to tell her, it all fell apart and I started crying and just said, "I'm gay." After a few seconds silence, my mom sighs and says, "Duh." FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 527
You deserved it 17 878

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well I guess sometimes when you feel a certain way, you fear that others won't accept you. However, sometimes it's just obvious that someone you know is gay, so perhaps she just meant "duh" as a way to say she knew all along. Don't stress it. You said it, and it sounds like you were torn apart between your mother accepting you or not. Whether or not she accepts you, you said what you needed to say, and you no longer need to think about it.

Did she say duh in a bad way or did she accept you? Sounds to me like she knew and doesn't care. Def. not a FML situation, more like a Awesome Accepting Mom situation, if she does that is.

Comments

agentasuka 0

edit #74 woah LOVING mother" lol my bad.

this is exactly like 'another gay movie' hahahahaha

thats cool though. i came out the other day, my dad had a breakdown (apparently bought up all this shit about the relationship he had with his dad) and will be off work for 3 months... was considering submitting as an FML, but then I saw Slumdog Millionaire lol. we got it easy...

OhSoFoxy 0

Why does there always need to be an epic speech?

Lucky u. This is not FYL :) It seems she knew already. If she didnt, maybe she was relieved that ur not telling her that ur pregnant :D

jennaleighhh 0

Your mom is awesome. and its cool that she's accepting you being gay.

ima_krackerr 0

SAUCED haha but it's cool that she's cool with it :)

is she accepts you, whats the big deal? Mine doesn't lol....but i am an Arab..so...LOL

When I came out my mother just smiled, said, "I knew when you were 5 years old and we were at Macy's. You hugged a rack of nightgowns and said 'Mommy when do I get to wear one of these!'" At least she didn't bring out the arsenal of embarrassing stories! And by the way, coming out turns out to be pretty great. I came out in July and life has been a hell of a lot better since. You'll look back on all the years you were in the closet since you knew (that would be 11 for me) and kick yourself for not coming out sooner! Good luck!

You're so lucky. I'm still waiting to come out to my mum (she's very religious and wouldn't want to face the fact that her daughter is a lesbian) and hoping against hope it goes nearly as well as yours did. You've got a great mum there. :]