By Anonymous - 09/12/2012 06:43 - United States

Today, I called my dad, because I haven't spoken to him in a while, and I wanted to invite him to my graduation in May. When he picked up, I said, "Hey, how have you been, dad?" He scoffed, "Wrong number" and hung up the phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 847
You deserved it 3 064

Same thing different taste

Top comments

winnerme123 8

Maybe it was the wrong number.

I hate to say it, but you're better off without him there. It's his loss, even if he's too stupid and/or ignorant to realize it.

Comments

fat_snooki_lol 6

That's very harsh. Maybe try to make inroads with him. You'll both never forgive yourself if he misses out on such a special occasion. Sometimes it's hard to be the bigger person.

Beranii 5

I beg to differ.. My dad hasn't been a part of my life for 2 years and showed no interest in trying (much like how OP's dad sounds). So at my graduation this year he wasn't invited. I was surrounded by family who loved and cared for me :) I have no regrets

The OP was the one to reach out - I'd call that trying to be the bigger person. OP, every family dynamic is different; if your dad is that cold towards you, maybe he doesn't deserve to be at your big day. If you really want him there, you could try and get another family member to act as go-between. Whatever works for you.

Wow. Rude much? He should show a little respect for his child. Even if you have hated him in the past, or made him feel like you did, he sure is acting immature about it. I wouldn't even think twice now about not inviting him. Have a good graduation, and don't let him bother you.

Yeah that was incredibly rude. At least OP doesn't need to worry about some rude guy at his grad. I do feel bad for OP though.

Imagine if it really was a wrong number..

I hate to say it, but you're better off without him there. It's his loss, even if he's too stupid and/or ignorant to realize it.

That's right, even though your parents are "supposed" to be the main people who bring you up and provide care and love, it's not always the case. There are always other people though that have been there in your life. Invite them without a thought. But for your dad, don't try too hard to get him to be there.

Honestly, call him back and tell him to **** off. I know there's gonna be a flood of being thumbed down, but he's an asshole. Seems there's a reason you haven't talked to him in such a long time. Live your life, make the most of it, and let every successful event in your life be a reminder as to why you don't need him.

_TasteTheRainbow 24

Well, that's rude. Maybe you shouldn't invite him? Sounds like he doesn't deserve to be there anyway.

Call him back, tell him about the $50 you just found, and how he's not getting ANY of it.

strawberrywine22 30

There is NO excuse for blowing your kid off like that.

My dirty mind just blew a fuse on 7's comment.

strawberrywine22 30

Lol I figured somebody would go there

winnerme123 8

Maybe it was the wrong number.

I'd like to think OP double checked the number before posting this. I think it highly unlikely that someone would forget their own parent's number/not have it in their cell phone's contact list.

People do occasionally get their numbers changed...

I can see why you haven't talked to him a in while. Absolutely ridiculous.