By seb21 - 09/02/2009 02:32 - United States

Today, I called my dad to inform him I was coming home from college for the weekend. Expecting him to be excited, he responded with "why?" This weekend was my birthday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 511
You deserved it 2 315

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pop_and_Pixels 0

I was moderating the submissions earlier... your dad submitted one about forgetting your birthday and finding out you posted this submission. Seriously.

This is the first time we've ever had FMLs from both sides POSTED.

Comments

the "why?" was probably because if you're lucky enough to have your birthday land on a weekend, you celebrate with your friends and get hammered. my birthday was this weekend as well. i did not go home.

My birthday was last weekend and also did not go home. Happy birthday, by the way! :)

Pop_and_Pixels 0

I was moderating the submissions earlier... your dad submitted one about forgetting your birthday and finding out you posted this submission. Seriously.

This is the first time we've ever had FMLs from both sides POSTED.

same thing happend to me............so I went and got laid

Exactly... why? It's your birthday, go have fun.

happygoluckyhh 0

I agree with number 1 and the one above me. Exactly "why?" Shouldn't you be out with your friends? I can see how THAT, (you don't have friends,) would be an FML but the way you put it made it sound like you were all upset because your dad forgot your birthday...which was untrue. He thought you would be out hanging with your friends.

So your dad had to fake interest just to make you feel good?

Omg thats sad, Happy birthday btw ;) maybe your dads surprising you??? :S