By Anonymous - 11/03/2014 13:04 - Israel

Today, I broke up with my boyfriend. I was sad, but the only thing my mom could say was, "You should have waited until I got him to mow the lawn." FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 870
You deserved it 6 284

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Arbitrarily using your daughter as blackmail for household chores.

Comments

one of the breakup reasons for your ex bf might be lawn moving at your moms house..

You stated, "I broke up with my boyfriend". If you were sad you should have said "my boyfriend broke up with me" because you wouldn't break up with someone if it'd make you sad. Unless, however you contemplated the relationship and there were more bad than happy things and you were sad leaving the happy things but it was what's best.

I'm not sure where you're getting at with this comment.

Merylwen 24

Just because she broke up with her boyfriend doesn't mean she has to be some kind of bitch who's happy about it. She ended a relationship: of course she's sad.

Again I don't see how anyone wouldn't be happier off if they end a relationship. The main reason to end a relationship is so one can be happy. Per say: the guy is a jerk, annoying, or does not show enough care.

Well maybe your next boyfriend will mow the lawn and trim the hedges as well...

Is your name Stacy? Because then this FML would totally apply: "Stacy do you remember when I mowed your lawn" (except YOU broke up with him)

why would you be sad about breaking up with someone? your the one in control of the situation op.. if you didnt wanted it to happen dont break up with them..

zeep92 18

Just because you're breaking up with them doesn't mean you can't be sad. You might not love/feel the same about them anymore but you can still be sad a chapter in your life is over But seriously OP, I'm sorry, my Mum would say exactly the same thing. She once told me that I didn't have my looks going for me so I should probably start being more nice to my boyfriend or he would break up with me. Thanks Mum.

#66 I totally agree! Everyone else seems one to judge but I thought nowadays people still had the common sense to be with someone who makes you happy and break up with them if you're not. Apparently OP is backwards. Either that or the statement I previously made where it was over the fact that she weighed the pros and cons of dumping him and there were more bad things about him but shed still miss the good things about him.

Mackay92 14

I know this is getting down voted but you're mom's a lazy bitch

And wash the car and take out the trash. Don't you know boyfriends are handy for these things?

I like OP's mom (: it sounds like she was trying to lighten the mood.