By niki - 10/01/2013 02:37 - United States - Long Beach

Today, I broke up with my boyfriend. After he left my place, I realized he took my Sonicare toothbrush because he knew that I would be more upset about missing that than our relationship. He was right. I am really upset about it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 290
You deserved it 34 305

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mpj13 8

It's no ordinary toothbrush. But still it's a toothbrush so get over it

more concerned about your toothbrush then ending a relationship... Wow your relationship must have been... Somethin else. That or you really love your toothbrush.

Comments

Maybe she's more upset about losing her toothbrush than her boyfriend because her boyfriend was an ass hole and she's glad to be rid of him. After all, it was she who did the dumping. That clearly means she didn't want him anymore. Obviously she still wanted her wicked awesome toothbrush, though.

You care more for the toothbrush than the relationship you have just ended? No wonder you ex took it, he feels hurt.

$100 for a new one. Buy it, move on and get over it. When he calls saying he took it by mistake just say "It's okay, I got a new one of those too" and hang up. Game over.

crammer1 6

So true..he probably took it because he didn't want communication with her to end. Had this happen a couple of times after ending a bad relationship and I finally realized what was going on and decided it was better to cut my losses and lose some stuff than to have to deal with the drama of getting it back.

buy a new one and if you dont want cause that one is special well get someone to beat the **** out of him and steal it back

swimgood 16

Why is everyone acting as though OP is obligated to feel sad after a break up?

Send him a picture of you with a new one and tell him that if he really wanted a vibrator for his asshole he should have just asked.

If he stole something you value he's a Malicious asshole and you are better without him. A Sonicare? Really? What a douche.

Watch 'War of the Roses'. Yes it's Satire, however at it's core, it's true. If the only thing you've lost is a toothbruch, even if it's a pricy one then meh. The all-important thing is to get you through this as quickly and cleanly as possible so that you can begin rebuilding your life.

My father took the Woolite when he left.