By anonymouss - 21/09/2009 04:02 - United States

Today, I bought the girl I like a bouquet of roses saying "Anonymous" on it, and left it on her front porch. She saw it, and called the guy she thought it was from. He said, "You're welcome!" and now they're going out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 080
You deserved it 45 323

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You kind of deserve it. Why didn't you just go out on a limb and sign your name?

Well if you're too afraid to take a chance with her and have to give her a gift behind anonymity, YDI.

Comments

RNCftw 0

unless your name is "anonymous" how were you expecting to know it was you?

Putting your name is more romantic than anonymous. At least, if she knows you.

You need to say something like "oh did you like the flowers i left on your poarch"? Even so its that she knows her new BF is a lieing to her already. If you really like her, you wont let her be with someone based on a lie, cause if he will lie to her about this he probably will again and hurt her.

You know, you have a very good point. Then again, if she was stupid enough to go a random guy and say "thanks for the flowers" without any proof, you're probably better off either way.

we are anonymous we are legion we give u flowers

noshitsherlock 0

YOU DESERVE IT for being a passive wuss. Good job!

deadloverseyes 0

I have to agree with the "half and half on this one" sentiment. I actually just sent roses a few days ago to a girl, anonymously, and I'll be the first to admit that it was because of a combination of lacking self-confidence and a desire to be mysterious and fun; and I justified this to myself by saying that making her happy was more important to me than being recognized for my efforts (but at the same time, I *did* really want her to know it was from me). So I did the smart thing, and I talked to her that morning before the flowers were delivered, tried my best to subtlely drop hints, and that night she put up an AIM status message saying that she wishes she knew who sent her the flowers. So I talked to her again the following morning, told her the truth, and she said she had pretty much figured it was me, anyway, she just wanted me to tell her myself. So, the moral of the story, OP, is that what you did *was* a sweet gesture, but you need to be smarter about it in the future, if you ever try this again.

Noamfer 0

Send her a note that says it was you. She will hate the other guy for lying