By Wormy - 11/05/2009 19:45 - United States

Today, I bit into a Reese's Cup that had been sitting on my desk for a while. As I did, half of a yellow meal worm fell out and landed in front of me, the other half was in my mouth. It was wiggling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 211
You deserved it 30 426

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mcsnelly 5

sitting on your desk for awhile? How long a while is this? If it's like a day, FYL. If it'd been sitting out for like a month, then YDI for eating something that's been sitting out for that long.

Eternity_fml 0

What sucks more is the feeling and memory you get when you see another Reese's.

Comments

Okay, so I'm the OP on this (and have since created a real account) so here goes: The Reese's Cup had been on my desk for about 18 hours. I tend to go through chocolate slowly, and have never had a problem before. A coworker had given it to me, completely wrapped, and I had never thought to question how long he had it. Turns out, it had been on his desk since Christmas. Completely disgusted, I did some research, and here's what I found: http://consumerist.com/5130742/man-finds-meal-worms-in-reeses-brownie-after-taking-big-bite http://www.healthmad.com/Health/Is-Your-Food-Bugged.114804 Apparently, it isn't all that uncommon to find meal worms in peanut butter products, but I still felt like sharing this FML with the world. According to the second link, one pound of peanut butter can contain 60 bug parts, and one pound of chocolate can contain 80 bug parts. (And yes, I did look up the color of the worm before posting, it WAS a MEAL WORM!) I think I'm going to lay off the sweets for a while. To make things worse, my fiancee made spaghetti last night, and all I could think of was the meal worm. I guess this is God's way of punishing me for breaking my diet. FML.

#1: How, exactly, are you supposed to check a Reese's Cup? Seriously, tell me how and then I'll tell the OP they deserve it. -_-

It didn't really have a taste, but the texture... it was awful.

OHMAHGAHH 0

that's really nasty. and why do you leave chocolate lying around before you eat it?

lol wow, in the words of timone and puma 'HAKUNA MATATA'

patray_angel 0

Oh my god, that is gross. Thanks OP for doing additional research......I think lol. I have heard others say that most of us wouldn't want to know what comes into contact or is flat out in the products we consume.... I am glad the reese cups I have at my house are in the freezer.

thelonelylurker 0

Ew, you deserve it. You need to refridgerate peanut butter anyway.

crackheadfosho 0

how long is a while??!! jesus! so gross!