By Anonymous - 08/01/2016 18:23

Today, I bailed my brother out of jail for violating a restraining order filed against him by his ex. I dropped him off at the place he told me he was staying at. Turned out it was his ex's house, and now he's in jail again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 118
You deserved it 3 558

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You shouldn't have bailed him out at all. Just leave him in there so his ex can be safe.

Sounds like you aren't too close to him, so I'm surprised you bailed him out in the first place.

Comments

Well, ****, I love my ex and all, but I'm not gonna show up to her house and shit out of the blue. Let the dude stay in jail and think about his stupidity.

I would demand the bail money back and if he refused I would take him to small claims court.

yep, that is how the government earn their money.

Stop enabling your brother to violate his restraining orders. The ex did this to be safe. Leave your brother in jail and stop getting him out. You're endangering this ex. They don't give out restraining orders unless there is an issue with safety for the person requesting it.

GrapeJuice67 17

I assume he didn't know at first where the ex lived anyway? OP Probably shouldn't have trusted his brother but I'm sure OP wouldn't have dropped him off in front of the ex's house if he knew it was hers.

TAntobella 14

Your brother needs psychiatric assistance OP, this is a proper obsession. All these "jail will teach him a lesson" is way too simplistic at this stage. It is likely to exacerbate his fixation. Make sure he gets the care of a psychiatrist or at least a psychologist, healing from the fixation is the safest solution for both the ex gf and for your brother.

It might not teach him, but it will keep him AWAY from his ex. If they can't get him help, great. But he needs to be kept somewhere he can't get to the ex. And that's IF he needs mental help. He could be stalking her or he could be wanting to hurt her. Either could be signs of mental instability, but not always. Regardless, he needs to be kept away.

OP sorry your brother tossed your help away. what a f*ckhead. An just so y'all know it is really hard to get a restraining order. i have one agents my ex, now that took him kicking my ass everday in the 4 yr relationship and 1time after during a child exchange, then telling both of are familys that he will kill me if he had too....i didn't do shit but put my self between him and our medically ill son.

Oh, your brother's totally legit, OP. I assume your FML is for the realization of how much of a dumbass your brother is, and not just because he got carted off immediately after you bailed him out.

middlenamefrank 8

I hope you didn't bet the rent on his bail. You're NOT getting that back.

Leave him there this time. Your brother needs to learn the hard way.