By Text - 25/04/2011 16:27 - United States

Today, I asked my friend to stop texting me, because I'm on a limited plan and didn't want to go over my limit. She responded by getting a group of her friends to text bomb me. I got well over a hundred one-word texts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 223
You deserved it 8 364

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like you need to upgrade to unlimited texting!

Comments

boringday123 7

You don't get charged if you don't open the texts. Ydi for not having any common sense.

you do know some people have plans or a service that charges you as soon as you get or send a text not for opening it but for getting it right? if not your a dumbass who should just stfu and get a life instead of saying people deserve something when they can't control it.

What the **** are you smoking? You get charged for receiving texts, not opening them. If you ran a store, and had a choice of charging customers for everything they buy, or just what they end up using, which would you do? It's the same principle.

hatepineapple 14

No, #118, it's like if you ran a store, and had a choice between charging people for what they brought to the checkout counter, or for every item that was put in their cart while they were in the store. Including the forty-seven bags of Silly Bandz some jackass tossed in your cart while you were looking for your diet cola. It's retarded.

that's just rude. when you go over your texting it gets extremely expensive! if it's a huge amount over, see if you can upgrade the plan just for this month and pay like 5 or 10 dollars extra instead of per text. thats what I do when I go over

Wezl8 0

Just in defense of the people who keep saying op should get unlimited text messaging.. some people CANT afford it. If you're on your parents plan and they refuse to get unlimited because they feel you don't need to be texting all the time, then what can you do? If you live on your own and are barely getting by some plans can get expensive, and yes I know there are providers that don't charge a lot, but with this economy, who knows?

Wait, you get charged for other people texting you?! Hmm. That's hard to get my head around.

If she uses top off cards, then yeah. It's weird. I used to have that, but then I got a new phone and changed my plan. That sucks, OP!

KVKdragon 26

it's kinda funny when you say it's hard to imagine that and your profile pic is you taking a pic of yourself with an iPhone. it's hilarious irony :D

I don't get the irony... #47 is from England, and here we don't pay to receive texts... it truly is a strange system... someone wants to talk to you, they pay. You want to reply, you pay. The only times we get charged for receiving is abroad.

And still, we don't get charged for receiving texts! (In Holland that is)

perdix 29

I didn't think you got charged to get a text, just to "open" it and read it. I might be wrong.

13yearoldboy 0

that sucks . that happened to me it's like 20 cents every text sent or received after limit. and yes you get charged when receiving text messages.

Flutist 3

Your friend is retarded. But the question is, did you ask her politely and explain why you had to do that? Was she texting you something she felt was important and you just sent a text back saying "stop talking to me?" Sometimes you might seem rude when you didn't mean to be. She might have had something important to tell you or felt like you were just being a rude friend, so she felt her revenge was ample payment for your rudeness? Either way, it seems like your friend has issues and might not be the best friend for you to be associating with and it would be best to end contact with her.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

It sounds to me like her friend did what just seems common with most teenagers: do something insensitive to someone in groups, laugh about it,and call them a poor sport for not taking it lightly. Asking them not to do something always tempts them to do the exact opposite. Kids are cruel. I suggest OP sends her 'friend' the bill.