By Application - 28/07/2015 20:44 - United States - Cincinnati

Today, I asked my boss for a promotion. "You don't work here but I can give you a job application." I've been working here for 8 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 730
You deserved it 2 111

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your boss is 100% serious, you're better off working in a place where you don't have an oblivious jackass as a boss. I honestly can't think of a better solution. Good luck.

Comments

I hate to say it OP, but if your boss of 8 years doesn't recognize you immediately as an employee... maybe you should have worked harder and made yourself noticeable for that work... I know u weren't screwing up all the time because that also would have made u recognizable, but for the wrong reason...

A lawsuit for what? OP was obviously being paid still. And you can't sue someone for not knowing who you are, regardless if they're your boss or not.

sounds like they were just joking with you. my boss does that all the time!

Tell him either that or your going to the better business bureau

amccaul1976 8

I would write a letter to my boss's boss explaining how I have worked for the company for 8 years and yet my boss didn't even know me. Then I would say what kind of man do you really have working for you how in tune with the company could he really be if he doesn't know an employee even worked there. then say you could do his job way better and that you are more suited and in tune with the company. basically go after that ass hats job.

llamingo 8

If he doesn't know you he can't fire you right? There could be a bright side to this unless he was joking

Now you know why you've missed 8 years pay

Don't show up and let the paycheck roll in