By Application - 28/07/2015 20:44 - United States - Cincinnati

Today, I asked my boss for a promotion. "You don't work here but I can give you a job application." I've been working here for 8 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 730
You deserved it 2 111

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your boss is 100% serious, you're better off working in a place where you don't have an oblivious jackass as a boss. I honestly can't think of a better solution. Good luck.

Comments

ancientera 12

this reminds me of office space xD

this reminds me of that drake and josh episode where josh's boss keeps forgetting he works there

That episode? That was pretty much every single episode haha

At that rate, you could have been home and still getting paid since you apparently don't work there.

What a weird thing to say, have they just started?

Damn. No promotion, aaand your boss doesn't know you. That really sucks, op. I'd start looking for a new job.

Apply for the higher role. Who knows you might get it. If you do get it, then quit your old position.

leogachi 15

@18 They wouldn't have to quit their current position if they got the higher position. If the higher ups don't realize that getting a new position in the company means that you can't work your old position then Op should question whether or not they want to work for such idiots.

You should have told him... If i prove you that i am working here then you have to give me a promotion...

I am genuinely confused. Does the boss have no idea who you are, or did he just fire you for asking for a promotion?

FalloutScrolls 25

I thought the exact same thing.

I mean my second season at my part time job one of the heads of my department asked if I was a new hire, told him I wasn't, he asked my name and mentioned he'd seen it on paper but never had a face to put to the name. Now he really likes me for some reason, not that I'm complaining.