By anonymous - 20/04/2016 03:09 - United States - Saint Paul

Today, I asked a short girl to prom by making a "You must be this tall to say no" sign. She grabbed a chair, stood on it, and then said no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 880
You deserved it 30 374

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Looks like your plan fell a little short of the mark

Comments

Yeah I insult all the girls I ask out too...

JohnTheDonJuan 11

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Negging is underhanded insulting, not outright like OP. It's a backhanded compliment. Like, "with that wit, it's a good thing you're pretty." It's a stupid, underhanded tactic that sad loser use in order to feel powerful. It rarely works, contrary to what these guys would have you believe. Guys, don't neg. It's just better for everyone.

Sounds like you kinda deserved it. That was a dick move op. Ask her out by insulting her.

It's a joke I guess people are to sensitive to know that

You do realize that calling something a joke doesn't automatically mean people are wrong for being offended, right? Because, believe it or not... some jokes are just in bad taste. And people who make bad taste jokes and defend them by saying "it's just a joke, you need to get a sense of humor" deserve all the scorn they get... and need to find an actual sense of humor, too.

As someone else said, OP made fun of her height for the joke, as well as not giving her the right or choice to say no, so it was a very poor joke and he deserved the response he got.

As a short girl I would have done the same. That's not cute or funny or original

I'm short (4'10) and I find it mildly humorous but I don't really blame her for being somewhat offended, especially if she didn't know you well enough for you to make said joke beforehand.

Really dude...how could you possibly think that'd be a good idea? Too short to say no? Wth. YDI

Consent exists regardless. No one is obligated to go with you. That's why you ask...