By promposer - 04/04/2016 18:55 - United States - Dobbs Ferry

Today, I asked a girl to prom by having 5 friends hold up signs saying "P-R-O-M-?" while I snuck up behind her. She said yes... to my friend holding the "?", who she thought was the one asking her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 630
You deserved it 4 493

Same thing different taste

Top comments

We need a follow up to see if he went along with it.

Aww, I'm sorry OP. That's sucks. Maybe explain the situation, and hope your friend isn't a douche.

Comments

This is why I purposely surround myself with ugly friends.

Lol I'm the ugly friend for my friends

You're an excellent fisherman though, searching the depths of the sea of compliments.

heroqucas 25

22, I don't agree with you. People shouldn't think of themselves as the ugly one

Emma, part of what makes someone attractive is their self confidence! You're a beautiful girl but you don't need anyone to tell you that for it to be true.

ALittleFreak 15

If I could thumbs this up 100 times, I would. You made my day, good sir.

That must be pretty awkward to explain: Girl: yes, I will go to prom with you! ? Friend: oh, um, my friend that's asking you is over there. Girl: (to ? Friend) oh. Could I still go with you?

Mathalamus 24

pretty sure you should not do that. for many reasons.

Never understood this kind of thing. No need to complicate a simple question or make a spectacle.

andrmac 25

So she said yes so she should still go with you since you staged the whole thing, but from follow up with what transpired after.

She said yes thinking it was someone else, that doesn't mean she should go with op because he set it up. Op can see if she will, but it's completely understandable if she turns him down.

andrmac 25

damn, hope it got sorted out. youll get someone better though

JaysBae 19

Lol!!!! I laughed soooo hard when I saw this comment!! Sorry tho OP, that sucks!

brandonc8892 13

Should've gone with Plan B: Renting a goat and tying a sign around his neck that says "PRAAAM?" Works every time.

I would've said yes in a heartbeat! That's just adorable!

He could attach a little card to the sign as well: Will ewe goat to praaam with me? That way she gets three terrible puns for the price of one!

AND she gets to pet a cute goat. Such a good idea.

Until it spits at her face. Goats do that, right? Or is it alpaca that do?

i think it's camels, llamas and alpacas who are the spitters. goats just eat everything and maybe try to ram you but they make funny noises and are cute so who cares!