By promposer - 04/04/2016 18:55 - United States - Dobbs Ferry

Today, I asked a girl to prom by having 5 friends hold up signs saying "P-R-O-M-?" while I snuck up behind her. She said yes... to my friend holding the "?", who she thought was the one asking her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 630
You deserved it 4 493

Same thing different taste

Top comments

We need a follow up to see if he went along with it.

Aww, I'm sorry OP. That's sucks. Maybe explain the situation, and hope your friend isn't a douche.

Comments

Well this is a definite ydi for not thinking this through. You put 5 other guys for her to choose from and you stay behind.... Bad idea, unless you are Brad Pitt...

Ok, so that backfired. she obviously liked the idea. Can't blame her though. you were nowhere in sight. the question is, what did your friend do?

ACCOUNTKILLER 18

maybe you should have made just one sign that doesn't require 5 people to choose from?... or you could have just asked without signs?

Yo.....if I were you, I would've been a couch potato after this incident. Regardless, how did things work out for you, OP?

beautfldisasta 12

Americans do the most at promposals it's ridiculous.

Oh my God! This is funny. please do update us on what happened after? xD This is the kind of FML where you laugh and go "aww" at the same time.

i was in an airport and saw that happen omg thats so weird

So sorry OP! In all fairness, you should have been holding the question mark, I can easily see how she would get that mixed up. Never sneak up on a woman! LOL I hope everything worked out and your friend was cool enough to explain. If not, maybe she just likes him and in which case, try asking someone else! :)