By KereKris - 14/01/2016 12:11 - Netherlands

Today, I almost died. My friends dragged me unconcious, hypothermic and half-drowned out of the sea. A helicopter took me to the hospital where they brought me back to life. My family's reaction? "You aren't dying so we don't have to come to the hospital." They wouldn't even bring me clothes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 248
You deserved it 1 840

KereKris tells us more.

OP here. I guess this needs a follow-up. I was in a sailing boat with some friends and although there were big waves, the wind wasn't too strong so we thought it would be safe sailing. We were wrong about that. An exceptionally big wave came up from behind. The boat started surfing uncontrollably down from it and eventually flipped. I was caught by a rope and dragged under water. Fortunately I had a safety knife strapped to my leg so I could cut myself free but it took some time and I lost consciousness before I could make it up. My friends dragged up on the upturned hull of our boat because they were unable to flip it back. The tide was rising so the current pushed us close to the shore. In the surf we were trown off again and because of the waves it was too dangerous to approach the boat again so my friends swam to the shore, dragging me behind them. I regained consciousness for a while but passed out again as soon as we made it to the beach. Hope this answers all your questions.

Top comments

mds9986 24

So you're technically a zombie now. You got that going for you.

They'll probably regret it someday. Sorry it happened to you OP.

Comments

StephanieMarie7 5

I'm so glad you're still alive! Maybe get one of your friends to bring some clothes? I hope you feel better soon :) xx

That's ****** up! How do you deserve that?

Good when you're family is on their death beds and they call you to visit them you tell them you're busy

LOL! I laughed way too hard at this :') "oh you're dying? sorry I just put the meatloaf in the oven. raincheck?"

without a doubt. thats something my parents would say.. are we related? (yesh i do life in the netherlands) and i'm sorry your parents said that. or you are a massive asshole.. then i could understand

This is a heroic effort on your friends behalf and yours as well (with the knife). I am a bit confused by the reaction of your family, clearly this news would merit an immediate trip to the hospital. Helloooo family??? Glad you lived to tell your story, good luck to you.

Op I'm glad your alright and your in my prayers. I wish I could help.

theamazingd 17

Wow... Speedy recovery, OP! That really sucks!