By KereKris - 14/01/2016 12:11 - Netherlands

Today, I almost died. My friends dragged me unconcious, hypothermic and half-drowned out of the sea. A helicopter took me to the hospital where they brought me back to life. My family's reaction? "You aren't dying so we don't have to come to the hospital." They wouldn't even bring me clothes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 248
You deserved it 1 840

KereKris tells us more.

OP here. I guess this needs a follow-up. I was in a sailing boat with some friends and although there were big waves, the wind wasn't too strong so we thought it would be safe sailing. We were wrong about that. An exceptionally big wave came up from behind. The boat started surfing uncontrollably down from it and eventually flipped. I was caught by a rope and dragged under water. Fortunately I had a safety knife strapped to my leg so I could cut myself free but it took some time and I lost consciousness before I could make it up. My friends dragged up on the upturned hull of our boat because they were unable to flip it back. The tide was rising so the current pushed us close to the shore. In the surf we were trown off again and because of the waves it was too dangerous to approach the boat again so my friends swam to the shore, dragging me behind them. I regained consciousness for a while but passed out again as soon as we made it to the beach. Hope this answers all your questions.

Top comments

mds9986 24

So you're technically a zombie now. You got that going for you.

They'll probably regret it someday. Sorry it happened to you OP.

Comments

"you aren't dying..." what. you literally JUST did.

kittykat1501 31

Next time they need something from you say the same thing back.

nygreasemunky 5

HOW did that all happen?? If ot was a jackass type stunt, maybe ydi, idk. Need more info!

Ya, it kinda sounds like op may have done something really stupid. How and why was op in or near the water if it was that cold? I'm hoping it was just an accident and op didn't do anything stupid. Either way op's life sucks though!

even if the accident was his fault, his family should care! I also think it might have happened while sailing. it's a common sport in the netherlands, but it also can get dangerous.

Just remember you get to pick which nursing home to put them in

Tell your family to go **** themselves, stick with your life-saving friends and people who actually care about you.

Sounds like you have some good friends though!

I hate parents like that, arent we their own flesh...?