By ROBERT - 08/08/2013 18:52 - United States - Cresskill

Today, I actually had to explain to two of my friends that neither Alaska nor Nebraska are in Canada. I think I need new friends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 959
You deserved it 5 311

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No no no! Alaska is in the middle of the Pacific Ocean next to Hawaii. It's on all the maps. Everyone knows that.

Poppy8127 15

Comments

hryffff 11

Lol, maybe it was just some stupid thinking? I wouldn't get new friends over it though.

I guess now you know what to give them for their birthdays... maps!

LithFlavored 10

Sadly it's not just your friends these days

Alaska i can understand but nebraska?!??? NEBRASKA......seriously?!?

Maybe they thought this because Nebraska is also very cold like Alaska haha.

Red24601Black 6

Except when its 100 degrees in the summer. I wish it was cold all the time! That sounds like heaven.

Your friends are probably just very patriotic Americans. Because who gives a shit about the geography of Canada and its surrounding areas? Not them.

TheDrifter 23

Wait, Nebraska borders Canada now? I gotta update my map.

Well now we know she is a patriotic american. I guess it takes one to know one.

16- did you mean, "who gives a shit about the geography of anywhere that isn't America?" And flaw #2 in your statement: guess which country is directly attached to Canada? That's right, America! So if you don't care about the areas surrounding Canada... that includes your own country.

I know how you feel OP. My friend thinks that Canada, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico are states. I'm surprised that our education let's people that don't even know our states pass.

I once had a customer jokingly ask if my job takes food stamps to pay his bar tab? I joked back and said "No, but we do accept Puerto Rican money." Dude had no clue what I was talking about. :P

perdix 29

Dumb friends can be useful when you go out on the town. You can be the "smart one" of the gang! Girls go for that :)

Pyro_Wolf 17

Maybe they just got confused with all the A's? Canada Alaska Nebraska

LilFlutter 10

Nah just give them a map..its better to laugh with friends then cry with none!