By Anonymous - 12/04/2013 21:35 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, for the first time, I told my girlfriend of two months that I love her. She broke down in laughter and mockingly asked, "What are you, some kind of queer?" I could've sworn she was mentally older than a 5-year-old when I asked her out. I guess not. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 340
You deserved it 12 158

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wizardo 33

Dodge a bullet and don't let it go on for more than 2 months OP, end it now for your benefit.

Comments

Mademoiselle_fml 34

I would say you told her you loved her too early, but hell my boyfriend told me within the first week and we celebrated 3 years together in January. I can't blame you, she's just extremely immature... I guess all you can do is dump her and move on. I wouldn't stay with somebody like that.

you come across as young, and if you are then i would actually applaud your girlfriend's scathing sensibility, if not the way she presented it. to love someone, you must know them. take a deep breath, zoom out a bit and make sure you aren't just in love with the idea (or conceived feeling) of being in love! if you truly love her, be persistent and be tenacious. she sounds jaded, which means her shields are up. tear them down over time by showing her your love, and your actions will belie her fears. :3 it could all be worth it, the internet never knows.

CharresBarkrey 15

How are you sure OP doesn't fully know her? They've only been in a relationship for 2 months. I've started dating someone 7 years after I met them before. I'd say I had a pretty good understanding of who they are at that point.

i don't. hence why i purposefully said, "you come across as" and "she seems". how do YOU know this isn't an FML submitted with the intent of trolling people? how do you know they're not young? none of us know anything, but at least i offered viable advice instead of a useless anecdote, comment or argument. -_-

Are you people dumb? They most likely knew each other for a long time before getting together.

ummm no cause the guy would know how she behaves if they had known each other longer. it doesn't look like he anticipated her response.

I don't know how you can love someone after 2 months, and obviously she agrees

I'm really curious as to HOW you said it, OP.

conqueror57 11

Two months? YDI. That's much too early, in most cases, to know you love someone.

It really isn't. You can know you love someone after two weeks. It's different for everyone.

She called you a queer? I'd agree, she doesn't sound mentally older than 5 if she realises that you must be straight if you love her. B*tches be crazy.

guyverzerox 6

Maybe what she said was childish but seriously? Your girlfriend of two months? This is why no one takes relationships serious. Of course she said that. Whats wrong with people these days. Posting this makes you sound like a child.