By Anonymous - 12/04/2013 21:35 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, for the first time, I told my girlfriend of two months that I love her. She broke down in laughter and mockingly asked, "What are you, some kind of queer?" I could've sworn she was mentally older than a 5-year-old when I asked her out. I guess not. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 340
You deserved it 12 158

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wizardo 33

Dodge a bullet and don't let it go on for more than 2 months OP, end it now for your benefit.

Comments

perdix 29

Call her an r-worded l-word and walk out. If she's white, throw in an n-word for ironic effect.

kottenje 7

If you wanna get technically, the n word refers to any race. It means an ignorant person. So technically it would fit her in this situation

kottenje 7

My phone changed it. I meant technical

coolboy675 16

You guys mean naggers, right?

Megan639 16

Wow thats insensitive, I'm sorry.

forlifebro 15

Well maybe she's a guy trapped in a girls body but never knew how to tell you

WrongRomance 11

While her insult was insensitive and not very well thought out... 2 months seems a little early to me. Especially if you're surprised she acted that way, you obviously don't know enough about her.

Ha! I didn't read this in time. But that's what I'm thinking too.

I told my partner I loved him after a month, he said it back(although he was surprised I loved him that early) and two years later we are still in love. just saying it can happen

Although I didn't tell him it, I was sure I was in love with my boyfriend after a month or two. Because after failure after failure I finally had found my soul mate. Of course because I was a pussy, I waited for him to say it eight months later but I still felt it long before. We just celebrated two years together, as well!

WrongRomance 11

2 months seems a little early TO ME. For those who have successful relationships though you announced your love in 2 months or less, really congratulations. But that's not the point. OP had no idea his girlfriend would act this way, so I would say it was too early for him as well. It's a good idea to know each of the sides of a person as well as you can before you make a large commitment such as love.

They could have known each other for a while before dating.

I'm sorry but two months? Unless you've known her for a GOOD while (this is MY opinion) you can't love someone in a short amount of time. But sorry that she laughed in your face. :/

He said they were dating for 2 months. I had known my wife for 4 years before we started dating.

Like I've said before "unless you've known her for a good while" and again mentioned that it was only an opinion.

Of course it's an opinion, what else would it be? Believe it or not, everyone's different, and not everyone starts dating from a blank emotional slate. Saying "you can't love someone" like that is just a stupid opinion.

It's not stupid because I'm stating it from my personal experiences and what I've seen. With these FML's we don't know the whole story. I just say what first came to mind. Who knows that he has a similar experience like me or not. People seem to only see my negative comment and not that fact I still felt bad that she laughed. Just saying.

agree with 40. shrike you're being a bit close minded and stuff.. chill out, as you so sarcastically pointed out, it is her opinion and she is entitled to it without you mocking her. and in fairness when I read it I thought exactly the same thing.

Opinions vs. opinions, nobody wins. But thanks for noticing that I was only saying what I thought like everyone else does, lol.

Some people fall in love very fast. It doesn't make it not real.

The fact is that love means something different to everyone, and just the way you worded your comment made you seem a little rude, as if you were telling OP that he isn't really in love because you know from your experiences that people can't love each other after two months. It's just a little presumptuous, no one can know what OP is feeling except for the OP.

we didn't say that it wasn't real either.. simply that it might seem a bit fast to the other half, which evidently it was. I don't understand why you're giving her so much stick and thumbing is down when other people are saying the exact same thing and getting thumbed up and agreed with? man this website annoys me sometimes

Was she under the impression that you are a woman?

Today, my boyfriend, whom I have only known a few weeks, told me he loves me. How creepy is that? FML

Shorty777 4

You freaked her out. After two only 2 months, she isn't ready for the "L" word. Slow down and give your relationship more time.

No, but really, how emotionally stunted do you have to be to be freaked out over an "I love you"? Maybe if you suffered childhood abuse or trauma relating to the words or the sentiment, but after two months of dating? It's kind of taken for granted that two people who are dating have some kind of feelings by that point. Come on, it's a far cry from planning a wedding and kids and a mortgage and...

jem970 19

I fell in love with my 4 year bf after 2 1/2 months.... There is not a set time limit on when to love someone. That's ridiculous.

"Some kind of feelings" is not the same as love. Saying "I love you," at two months makes him seem insecure and clingy.

This reminds me of Gilmore Girls, when Dean and Rory had been dating for 3 months and he built her a car and then said I love you for the first time. She panicked, replied that she loved the car, and ended up running away crying. People do crazy stuff when they're caught off guard.

Shorty777 4

Everyone is different. The girl OP is talking about wasn't ready.

Shorty777 4

Obviously she doesn't love him.

OP, for some people two months simply isn't enough time to know if they love someone or not. Give her some time, she probably just isn't ready. But still, FYL.

Even if she wasn't ready to say it back, she shouldn't be a dick about it.