By Anonymous - 27/10/2012 00:33 - United Kingdom - Knowle

Today, during dinner, my daughter rudely cut into my conversation and gushed that she's "like, totally" going to audition for a reality TV show next year, after I pay her way. Five minutes into her jaw-dropping stupidity, I had to physically restrain myself from slapping her out of her chair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 429
You deserved it 6 750

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

And who raised her? Maybe you should have taught her manners

You are a douchebag father. I hope she auditions for a show, gets casted, and makes more money than you've ever made in your lifetime. Then you can talk about her "jaw-dropping stupidity."

How old is this daughter? Everyone seems to believe she is a child based on the thread comments, but I can confirm there are grown adults that are this vapid.

dontyawishyaknew 12

It seems to me that the parent just seems really douchey. Let the kid talk, what does it matter if they don't always make complete sense? Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like much of an FML. A lot of people do stupid things, especially teenagers.

LokiLaufeyson 2

Here's a word of advice. If you don't like children (because it really seems like you don't) maybe you shouldn't raise them.

Ferreesley 3

Your child is excited about something and you call them stupid and want to smack them for it? You need to reevaluate yourself. They shouldn't have interrupted but an excited child is just that, an excited child. It could've been sparked by something just said so it was blurted out. And the "pay my way" comment, she's a kid. She'll learn. If she doesn't it will only be because you gave in to anything she wanted.

FistToBalls 3

It doesn't sound like she's that young. The pay for it next year sounds like she will be graduating in a year

FistToBalls 3

Smacking her lets her know she did something stupid, I'm guessing you didn't smack her as a child...

It sounds like ops daughter is a teenager, If i raised someone as vapid, self-centered and spoiled as the girl mentioned in the post I'd be ashamed of myself. That being said I know a few good parents who have rotten kids, you cant punish stupidity out of someone and they do have free will. You can be the best parent you can be and still end up with horrid teens/adults. If I was having dinner and someone's child was saying all of this stupid shit I would be thinking about slapping them senseless myself.