By Anonymous - 27/10/2012 00:33 - United Kingdom - Knowle

Today, during dinner, my daughter rudely cut into my conversation and gushed that she's "like, totally" going to audition for a reality TV show next year, after I pay her way. Five minutes into her jaw-dropping stupidity, I had to physically restrain myself from slapping her out of her chair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 429
You deserved it 6 750

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

You... you had to... restrain yourself... PHYSICALLY?!!?!

Is she going to audition for the reality TV show 16 and Pregnant?

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Just saying.

you raised her. also, why aren't you taking control of the situation? you know, being the adult?

bigmacswag101 2

I hope it's her dinner chair, not wheelchair. Just didnt look right.

I think, other than the interruption, this is a major over reaction. Kids want to do a lot of things and don't really know the consequences or cost. Just calmly tell her you aren't going to pay for it and why. Wanting to do a reality show isn't that big a deal. As far as the interruption - again you calmly say, excuse me, I was talking and resume your conversation. Then later on discuss manners with her. Slapping? I'm thinking you need some serious anger management unless there is more to this.

Sounds like she's acting like a _seriously_ young child. So treat her that way. Give her a spanking now, it might not be too late after whatever neglect has led to this.

Pensu 12

This post made me seriously uncomfortable. If you want to physically harm your kid every time she says something stupid, I worry for her safety... Get some help.