By Solo coffee - 28/06/2017 00:00

Today, it's my last day of work at my job of 2 and a half years. I organised to have coffee with my coworkers at a cafe. Only I turned up. I had my farewell coffee alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 516
You deserved it 462

Same thing different taste

Top comments

species4872 19

Even if they didn't like the guy you would think at least one would show up to make sure that they were actually leaving.

Comments

species4872 19

Even if they didn't like the guy you would think at least one would show up to make sure that they were actually leaving.

Right? Toby got a ferris wheel ffs.

Why would anyone show up? Just because you worked there, it doesn't mean you are entitled to have farewell coffee outside the workplace.

Kwanatawi 8

This would suck. Especially cause I work at Starbucks ??

On the bright side, your rude coworkers didn't ask you what you wanted, then push in front of you to get their own beverage. That shit happens for real!

OP, did you get the slightly-used laptop and Rx that I left for you?

Do not take it personally. Some of your coworkers are probably envious, some are resentful for your leaving them more to do to pick up the slack, and most are just focused on doing their job. We all want to be wanted and missed when we go, but work isn't really like that.

phetheo1011 7

Maybe they got busy and forgot about this. If was me, I just make a call to make sure. Even if they pretent to.

It's a good thing you're getting a new job! Hopefully the new one works out amazing for you!