By damn dog - 05/07/2013 05:43 - United States

Today, during a firework show, my dog gave me her opinion about them by practically eating half my bedroom door then defecating on my bed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 683
You deserved it 7 841

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should play classical music when fireworks are going off, it's supposed to calm animals down. Works with our cat! We put his bed in a room with classical music playing and he'll sleep straight through the fireworks instead of being sick with stress. I know it sounds crazy..

badluckdawson 19

How does someone deserve this?

Comments

Fyl, but most dogs don't like fireworks, it's often best to keep them out in a fenced in yard or kennel them. Their hearing is a lot better than ours so for a dog it's extremely loud and scary. Lesson learned for next year I guess.

They totally get scared of loud noises, it's best to take them somewhere quiet

This is why i like cats. They don't give a damn

We had that problem too. If you let your dog play with balloons sometimes he'll get used to the sound.

Dogs usually don't like fireworks, why did you leave it at home alone?

sounds like malard the duck gave some bad advise

I have 3 dogs, 2 of which hate fireworks and are terrified by loud noises in general. We get some dog sedatives from our vet to give to them on noisy holidays like 4th of July and New Year. There's no ill effects and the pills wear off after about 12 hours. I highly recommend it if you have dogs that get extremely agitated by loud noises.

LilFlutter 10

I recommend using the herbal "Bach's Rescue Remedy" - be sure to get the one made for animals, as the one for humans has some alcohol in it, which isn't good for animals. You just use the eyedropper it comes with (in the cap) to squirt the liquid into your animal's mouth, into the animal's food, or onto a treat for the animal (soft treats work best as biscuits don't absorb the liquid). (If you do it directly into the mouth, just pull back the dog's mouth at the cheek a bit and you'll find the gap between the teeth that you can get the dropper through. Many dogs will refuse to eat when they're frightened, so putting it in food or on a treat after they are scared won't work. You'll have the best results giving this before they get scared, but of course that isn't always possible, such as with unexpected fireworks from neighbors, especially when fireworks are illegal in your area so are more unexpected.)