By damn dog - 05/07/2013 05:43 - United States

Today, during a firework show, my dog gave me her opinion about them by practically eating half my bedroom door then defecating on my bed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 683
You deserved it 7 839

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should play classical music when fireworks are going off, it's supposed to calm animals down. Works with our cat! We put his bed in a room with classical music playing and he'll sleep straight through the fireworks instead of being sick with stress. I know it sounds crazy..

badluckdawson 19

How does someone deserve this?

Comments

feldco1 17

Luckily this isn't a common event. Usually before the 4th there's tons of tips for keeping your dog as comfortable as possible on that day. Try to find something so you can enjoy next years 4th.

perdix 29

Yeah, when they play "Stars & Stripes Forever" twice in a twenty-minute show, I'd say that show was "shitty," although I wouldn't express it literally (unless I could find an unoccupied urinal.) PS: Although it's become part of the Fourth of July soundtrack, the "1812 Overture" is about a battle between France and Russia, and has nothing to do with us.

Who says defecating lool. I'm so using that now.

"So using that now"? That's what it's called, ever go to school?

KiddoKS 19

I heard a lot of success stories with those, but unfortunately it didn't help with my dog. I will say the manufacturer offers a money back guarantee, so there's nothing to lose in trying it!

Dogs do that... You gotta love em though.

That sucks. You should put the dog in a secure place next time. Like a basement or small bathroom. I've never had animals that reacted toward fireworks or anything of the sort. My Aunt has an English bulldog who cowers over any loud noise. That's basically the only thing I've seen related to this.

olpally 32

Bitches be crazy... Literally. Good luck cleaning up! Lol.

Ydi! Asshole, no fireworks near animals, it scares them!!

Hey, it's not like the dog knows it's pissing you off! Dogs' hearing is way more sensitive than humans', so stuff like fireworks stresses them out big time.

So? Your dog's FML would be "Last night there were thousands of explosions and gun shots, I tried to chew through my human's door so we could all escape but failed. In my ultimate fear of my family's demise I shit myself on the bed....fml"