By damn dog - 05/07/2013 05:43 - United States

Today, during a firework show, my dog gave me her opinion about them by practically eating half my bedroom door then defecating on my bed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 683
You deserved it 7 841

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should play classical music when fireworks are going off, it's supposed to calm animals down. Works with our cat! We put his bed in a room with classical music playing and he'll sleep straight through the fireworks instead of being sick with stress. I know it sounds crazy..

badluckdawson 19

How does someone deserve this?

Comments

Was her opinion as strong as the smell?

Next time give her a doggie sedative. Most dogs hate the fireworks.

Poor doggie and you! One of my dogs is terrified of thunder and fireworks, so I bought her a kennel large enough for both of my dogs to lay together and put them in it together when we are out during a storm or the 4th, with a blanket over it and cozy blankets inside. It is a safe space.

jw90 18

I know how you feel OP. my dogs go nuts when the fireworks start going off.

Sorry to hear your dog is so sensitive to the sound. :( Mine act the same with fireworks and thunderstorms - minus the crapping, thankfully. I have simply gotten into the habit of leaving music on for him. seems to work. :)

I feel your pain my dog is scared of fireworks too. Fortunately he just hides under the bed and shakes.

That's why I have my dogs veterinary prescription pills.

I am sorry, but i can't really say i feel bad for you. Mostly because I know animal behavior very well. Most animals stop reacting to fireworks when they are with their people. It makes them feel safe when they are with someone. Locking them up only stresses them out more. A perfect example...My horse use to freak out and hurt himself with fireworks. After the second vet bill for stitches, I put a halter and lead on him and kept him with me while my family and I were lighting off our fireworks. No injuries or freakouts of any kind on new years or the 4th anymore. Did the same thing with my puppy this year. After the first few, he settled down. It's amazing what spending time with your pets can do to keep them safe.

KiddNYC1O 20

Dogs are scared of fireworks because fireworks sounds like their owner whistling then being abruptly shot.

awwwwwww! poor thing must have been scared shitless with all the bangs and bright sparks. adddddorable!!!!