This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By akash - 28/04/2018 09:00 - United States

Today, despite meditating, cutting out sugar, exercising during the day, turning off all electronics after 10 pm, and taking melatonin, I still could not fall asleep. Meanwhile, my roommate, who stays on her computer all day and brings her phone into bed, slept like a baby. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 493
You deserved it 458

Top comments

You’re wasting your time with the meditation. Having this bitter, seething resentment towards your roommate shows that it’s not working! Let go of your petty jealousy and maybe you’ll be able to sleep.

manb91uk 22

You mean your roommate woke up screaming for a drink three times and shat herself? Not the sleeping model I would aspire to buddy!

Comments

Stop with the melatonin, I read a report about how it was never intended for long term use and can end up making it harder to sleep

saffy66 34

Why do you seem so envious of your roommate sleeping like a baby? Who wants to wake up crying every few hours because they’ve pissed themselves?

It happens. I've had insomnia all my life, I just gave up, and when I gave up my sleep schedule regulated itself! (and I've tried smoking the devil's lettuce to sleep and it works very well) Don't force it, it will find it's way. You can also try to sleep in different rooms, different beds, different ambiances (like less light, using earplugs, a hot water bottle, a plushie, a body pillow... anything to put your mind to peace)

So your roommate woke up every two hours crying & hungry with a wet diaper? When I sleep good I like to say I slept like a husband. Because let's face it, they sleep like a rock regardless.

I've had trouble falling asleep since I can remember. what I do is take melotonin and honestly just repeat stuff or count or whatever, it'll help clear your head since obvioulsy your mind is going too crazy to let you fall asleep.

Just because you have trouble sleeping even after completing a list of things it doesn't mean others shouldn't get their effortless quality sleep.

ask your doctor about seroquil. It's the only thing that puts me to sleep, and it does so within minutes of me taking it.