By ugh - 25/04/2009 23:36 - United States

Today, at the rescue group I volunteer at, we finally adopted out a dog that has been with us for a few years now. This was an amazing thing for us because we never thought he'd get adopted. As we were getting excited and hugging each other, the dog ran away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 047
You deserved it 8 105

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you find the dog? Is he ok? I hope he likes his new family. Poor fella, he must have been totally confused.

aww... that sucks so bad. FYL. **** the dogs life, too.

Comments

Lmfao, that dog just ****** his own life. And more than likely, he will get picked up by the pound... again.

rabidbacon 0

I have never seen a shelter keep an animal for a few years. They are usually 'put down' after within a month.

KwitIt 0

#13, there are a great number of shelters in the U.S. now that are no-kill shelters, which means that they don't put the animals down unless the animal is sick/dying or overly aggressive and un-adoptable. This is probably the kind of shelter the OP works for.

ElsBells 0

LMFAO. i guess the dog really didn't wanna be adopted, it was just waiting for its chance to escape. dahhh well, he'll be back!

That stinks. Did you find the dog later. And that is not a FML story.

aww, Well I'm sure you'll find the baby, and it is def. an FML story. Oh and, don't blame the person, maybe it wasnt them who let the dog go! and #8, you cant get fired from a VOLUNTEER basis.

tick_tock 0

#13 many shelters are no-kill. They will keep dogs for years and years until they die naturally or are hopefully adopted. These are the best kinds of shelters, they give everyone a chance. My family and I got our rescue from a no-kill shelter.

if this site has taught us only one thing it's that hugs are evil.