By smartgirl - 01/05/2009 23:48 - Canada

Today, at the awards ceremony at my school, I ended up winning the top achievement award in my grade. The principal spent at least ten minutes talking about my success to the audience, the whole time referring to me as a "he" as I stood right next to him. I'm a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 83 544
You deserved it 5 479

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe you need a different haircut and start praying for them boobs to pop up.

fretforyerlatte 0

and no one bothered to correct him either? that's harsh.

Comments

#18 I see what you're trying to say, but you're coming across as a sexist idiot because you keep using the word superior. Men are generally physically stronger. But that doesn't make them generally superior. And in terms of intelligence men have a wider bell-curve, so there are more extremely intelligent men but also more exceedingly stupid ones.

Not that bad. I used to be referred to as "it" for quite a wihile last year. -_- People can be idiots. We're born with it.

Haha. Also, #18, you're really scraping the barrel for things that women are 'superior' at aren't you? "Like... emotions and shit... and... maternal instincts! I don't have any of those, but women do!" Statistically speaking, women have better linguistic skills and empathy. Not just "uhhh, being emotional and taking care of kids".

UsingLogic 0

#18 Where do you get your facts from? Yes, for example men are usually stronger than women (but it depends which men and which women we're talking about). But no, men are NOT more intelligent, sorry to tell you this. Actually, there is no such thing as intelligence. This is an abstract concept that can not even be measured. The best we can do is measure CATEGORIES of intelligence, such as the ability to learn vocabulary, the ability at calculus, the ability at abstract thinking, etc. Intelligence is just a popular concepts, but psychologists don't use it (at least not the way we think of it). Most women are better at learning languages than most men (there are exceptions). And most men have a better sense of orientation than most women (again, there are exceptions). Otherwise, men are also as emotional as women, but society makes them learn to hide their emotions. Did you know macho assholes who disrespect women are usually men who struggle with hiding their emotions? They wish they could let out how they feel, but they think they can not do it, so they cope with it by acting very badly with women. There may be differences between both sexes and genders, and one gender may be better at some things but worse at other things than the opposite gender. But such differences are usually misconceptions, and when they are real they are very small anyway.

Ahahaha, THANK YOU 25. I was on the verge of breaking something, namely 18's neck. Men are good at physical and intellectual stuff, and ladies are just nice? Bull shit. Society...it sucks.

That makes him look like an ass, not you. F his life.

Okay, as for the real issue, I know some gorgeous, cute girls with short hair. Also smart, which should be the real issue. Apparently it's not. Also, my boyfriend's hair is almost as long as mine, same exact style (long, parted in the middle, light brown, kinda limp). He looks very much like a dude, even when he shaves. (Unless we're taking silly pictures for an English project and he doesn't WANT to look like a boy. It's all in the facial expressions and how you hide your face.) Point is, you say, Mr. Principal, I'm a girl. And the principal is REALLY embarrassed, and everyone laughs at HIM, not you.

Aflacduck 0

#25, Men are NOT as emotional as women. Society does NOT make us hide it. We feel nothing in crying to our 175 pound 6"1 guy friends.