By Drew - 26/04/2016 02:21 - United States - Newark

Today, at school, I wore a back brace because I have fractured vertebrae. During first period, a girl tapped me on the back to ask me a question. It made a "knocking on wood" sound. She looked at me like I was a freak. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 298
You deserved it 1 155

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should've asked her "Wood you knot?" That'll get her to shut up

Might as well make the most of it and loudly state in a monotone voice, "USER #192088X HAS LAUNCHED REQUEST FOR A QUERY."

Comments

I wore a back brace for scoliosis for a year and a half and the same thing has happened to me countless times. It's an understandable reaction in my opinion because when one goes to tap a shoulder, they're probably expecting to feel flesh rather than hard plastic. Explaining to her that you're wearing a brace should settle the entire situation, and in my opinion, it's not a big deal.

I had to wear a back brace for 3 years (13-16). It was pretty darn horrible. The way it was made pushed one shoulder up, on my very first day of wearing it I was mocked for my stupid posture. The worst thing was though, after 3 years, 23 1/2 hours a day I was out of it for 3 weeks before it became clear that it hadn't worked and I needed surgery after all.

It sounds like the brace isn't obvious. Couldn't she have just been a little shocked? I mean when you expect to feel someone's back and hit a solid surface, it might confuse you for a second.