By Asdf649 - 19/05/2012 04:17 - Canada - Burlington

Today, at my wedding, my husband's drunk friend admitted that the only reason my husband and I started dating was because he was dared. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 474
You deserved it 2 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's really messed up. But obviously he liked you enough to stay and marry you. :D so no worries op.

Some relationships start out that way. You shouldn't focus on the negative though; you're obviously still together and he loves you, so that's got to count for something, right? Anyway, congratulations :)

Comments

If you guys are happy then why should it matter

He may have been dared to start dating you, but was he dared to keep dating your or dared to marry you? I know it sucks to find out that things started on a dare, but as others have said, it ended up well, didn't it?

I know how you feel! Though I wasn't getting married I was in a relationship that lasted for a Year.

etoilenuit 15

What difference does that make? You don't marry someone on a dare so obviously he loves you. Maybe he was just too shy to start.

lisakin 13

So what? At least he loves you for real now

My coworker set me up with my current s/o as a joke (she thought he was clingy/weird) I told him a few months into dating and it never really bothered our relationship. A lot of people start dating for the wrong reasons (money, sex, companionship, loneliness, status, dares/bets) I would say its everything that happens after that really matters.

littlexlune 16

He likes you now, doesn't he?

Jarhead2700 2

hey he stayed with you after completing the dare so that means he found out interesting you were to him.

SailorSolaris 43

My boyfriend and I got together only because we ended up as lab partners in class in college. Sometimes, love comes from unexpected places.