By Asdf649 - 19/05/2012 04:17 - Canada - Burlington

Today, at my wedding, my husband's drunk friend admitted that the only reason my husband and I started dating was because he was dared. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 474
You deserved it 2 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's really messed up. But obviously he liked you enough to stay and marry you. :D so no worries op.

Some relationships start out that way. You shouldn't focus on the negative though; you're obviously still together and he loves you, so that's got to count for something, right? Anyway, congratulations :)

Comments

Makes a good story if you love each other enough to marry :)

He asked you to marry him, right? Or you asked him. Either way you will be/are married. Get over it. Laugh about it.

This reminds me of the movie, "10 Things I Hate About You", except in the movie, the two involved were students so there was no marriage. As for you, OP, sometimes the good things in life happen from unexpected circumstances. It sounds negative, that he started dating you because of a dare, but who knows? It could have been because you seemed out of his league and he accepted the challenge. Nevertheless, I wish it is something you never found out about, but the harm has been done. Just focus on the bright side of things now and at the end of the day, it was a dare, but it was your charms that made him continue to see you, and eventually decide to spend the rest of his life with you.

He probably thought you were too good for him, out of his league, but was pushed to try anyway by his friends.