By S to the HIT - 08/04/2015 16:08 - United States

Today, at a mind-numbingly boring support session, everyone was talking about their hardships. One guy was talking about losing his leg in a car accident. I was half-asleep and asked without thinking, "Did you ever find it?" I almost shat my pants at the roomful of death glares that followed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 877
You deserved it 35 838

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rachelottavia 16

I feel really bad for the person who lost his leg and was telling the story. To see someone fall asleep while recounting something that traumatizing probably hurt even more

Comments

drunk_crow 12

This is all your fault. Why do people think they will get sympathy for saying something stupid?!

thatonetribute 31

You most definitely deserve it.

jonjon1319 5

horrible, but funny as hell

DishnobFruitCum 5

Seems like this was copied from an older FML. Oh, well.

You should've saved it by saying, 'I mean, the courage to face your life again.'

No way would he have been quick enough on his feet to think of that.

Call me naive and bury me in downvotes if you want, but with the way this is worded it really feels like this story is a deliberate attempt to get a shit-ton of YDIs and hate. If he was looking for sympathy, OP could have easily worded it in a way that made him seem like less of an ass, like leaving out the part that it was a support group he found "mind-numbingly boring" and maybe instead saying he was falling asleep during lunch at school and unthinkingly responded to a story someone sitting at his table was telling. On the other hand if it's true that it was a support group, he might have worded it the way he did because he honestly feels guilty and views all the hate he gets from this as a fitting punishment. ...Or he really could just be a dumbass with no clue how his actions affect others. Sorry for the essay.

Don't worry, I'll help you on your mission to achieve the most YDI's.

I think you lost your brain and need to find out.