I didn't request this

By not a boy toy - 31/03/2017 22:00

Today, I attended the will reading of the old lady who accidentally ran me over with her car years ago. I was affectionately mentioned and was left with something rather substantial. I had to listen through all that while getting evil leers and silently judged by family members who got squat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 602
You deserved it 725

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because they were family doesn't mean she had a good relationship with them. There was quite likely a good reason she did what she did. If they ARE awful people, extra points to her for making them be present while they got nothing!

Stealthninjaa 19

She should've left you the car.

Comments

Just because they were family doesn't mean she had a good relationship with them. There was quite likely a good reason she did what she did. If they ARE awful people, extra points to her for making them be present while they got nothing!

...If they are awful people, extra points to her for having them be present to find out they're getting nothing! Grandma's sticking it to em from the grave!

Stealthninjaa 19

She should've left you the car.

Who's to say she didn't? The op said something substantial, but didn't say what.

Brightbulb 39

props to the old lady, she pointed out her families faults and helped alleviate some of her guilt. I am probably going to leave my box of trinkets and extra potent cat nip to my sister's dogs just to piss my family off. it's my last thing, and they don't need it now so why give it to them then? plus I can screw with her dogs, Bwa ha ha

Awesome! If it's really substantial, be wary of those relatives. They can try to take you to court to try and get that money. It's crazy what people will turn into for it!

how can they take him to court? a will is a legally binding document

Is it though? In NZ you must have reasonable consideration for your legal heirs - i.e. you can't competely cut your children, or some of your children, out of the will. If the family contests a will that does do that, the will will be over-ridden. Of course, not everyone has the legal savvy or the money to contest it so unfair things happen. My own father wants to cut my brother and me out of his will because his stepsons' grandfather left everything to their aunt, which means their father, and therefore they, get nothing, so he and my step-mother are trying to make up for it. My lawyer's advice is as noted above.

I think I accidentally reported my own comment - damn touch screen phones...

That sucks. What's the point in writing a will and leaving what you want to whomever you want if your greedy kids are going to fight it when you're dead.

I laughed so hard when i pictured the situation! But seriously maybe the family members didn't deserve squat and she thought it better to give you the money to make it up for the accident which is nice of her. It's her money she did what she wanted with it they are not de facto entitled to it.

Her relatives must have sucked! Take what you got and smile right in their scowling faces!

The old lady hit on you! You deserve every penny!

I can just imagine you sitting there getting lower and lower in your seat as they realise they get nothing.

ashilyy24 8

If only I could be this lucky.