By suckstobeme - 12/04/2009 21:41 - United States

Today, as I got down on one knee, and was in the middle of saying, "Will you marry me?" my partner answered a text message. Apparently it was more important. FML
I agree, your life sucks 163 937
You deserved it 10 732

Same thing different taste

Top comments

maybe you should have texted her instead

I really hope you didn't try to propose again.

Comments

babyjohnson3 0

I REALLY hope she just completely didn't realize what you were doing. For your sake, if you really love her, I hope it was an honest mistake and she said yes. If not, I agree with everyone else- ******* dump her ass. A girl is supposed to freak out and be super excited when her boyfriend proposes.

teh_ass 0

Don't marry such an insensitive bitch. Oh wait, you should have know about her personality before you tried proposing. YDI

#11 even better like if u were tying ur shoe

frozen_heart 0

I guess you know where her priorities are! shit!

I love how everyone is ganging up on the girl, Maybe she didn't realize he was proposing? I mean if he said Will, and she got a text that maybe she was waiting for all day and expecting something important ya it is important.

#69: I thought of that too. However, the question is why did she even read the incoming message after he had already started proposing? If she had started reading the message before he started the proposal, then surely he would have noticed and waited for her to finish before starting? Unless he's a complete ... hmmm... And if she was sort of watching her phone in case an important text came through saying her mother had just died (surely, people would ring?!?) then OP would be way out of line even starting a proposal at such a time. Assuming OP is not such an idiot (not an insignificant assumption) to start a proposal when someone is in the middle of reading a text message, or waiting for a message about the death of a relative, then the girl really was out of line.

Stand up and walk away on her. Worthless bi@tch...

"OMG he's asking me, right now!" That could be the only thing that could somehow make it right :O

At least you know where her priorities lie now. Break up with her. Obviously, she's not right for you.