By suckstobeme - 12/04/2009 21:41 - United States

Today, as I got down on one knee, and was in the middle of saying, "Will you marry me?" my partner answered a text message. Apparently it was more important. FML
I agree, your life sucks 163 937
You deserved it 10 732

Same thing different taste

Top comments

maybe you should have texted her instead

I really hope you didn't try to propose again.

Comments

FYL. did u still ask her? i wouldnt have

27: It was never said they were on a date. They were just together. Guys, cmon. You're being way too harsh. There could have been a lot of reasons why she was texting.

Well - it seems you've got your answer... If the two of you have been dating seriously for a while, and you thought it was really likely that she would say "yes", then this is FYL. If not, it's probably YDI for taking things too quickly. I wondered if perhaps she was texting her mother saying: "Mom guess what - he's proposing to me!", but firstly, OP said she was *answering* a text, and secondly even then would suggest she has a stronger interest in being proposed to than it being you proposing. My guess is take the ring back - you may need one a different size next time you try.

Monty_Python 0
hockeygirl202 0

maybe you should rethink that engagement?

man **** that bitch if she is not able to see that you were about to propose then she doesn't care about you should really think about this engagement

You, like many other guys, jumped the gun.

RachBearr 0

omgg how rudee!! there u are about to do that and a text? wtf? how saddd :( did u finish you sentence? idk if u should ask again...

I don't think you would be texting someone about the proposal until AFTER it happened. not DURING.

Veryberry05 0

Just dump her. It was disrespectful to you because you were asking a pretty big question, and if she isn't serious enough to take the hint, then she isn't worth your time. Obviously she didn't care for you to much and it will be her loss and she'll look like the major idiot at the end. It is so annoying to me nowadays how STUPID people can really be. Good luck man, hope you can fix things.